How to fix that leaking tap
Fixing that dripping tap is just one of the ways
you can make sure that you make every drop of water count around
the house especially when we have a water shortage. Here is how
While there are a number of taps on the market,
most have the similar internal workings.
Here is how to do it:
- Turn off the water supply at the main entry
point to the property.. If you cannot find the tap, ask a
neighbor (if their house layout is similar) or if its leaking
contact your mains water supplier ie Thames Water or call
Chiswick handyman for help.
- Use a small screwdriver or a spanner to
remove the hot or cold indicator.
- Use a screwdriver or a spanner to undo the
screw then lift off the top of the tap .
- Unscrew and remove the cover cylinder.
- Use a spanner to remove the tap spindle
- Use a spanner to remove the nut holding the
washer to the jumper and remove and replace the washer.
- Replace the retaining nut, then screw the
spindle assembly back into the body remembering to replace the
new fibre washer.
- Replace the cover cylinder, top of the tap
and the hot/cold indicator.
- Turn on the water again.
If you have any problems call Chiswick Handyman.
He can arrange to come and fix tap washers on ordinary taps for
cover North London and Northwest London, from Queen’s park, Kensal Rise, Kensal Green, Willesden
Green, Notting Hill, Holland Park, Kilburn, Hampstead, West
Hampstead, Maida Vale, St. Johns Wood, Hendon, Golders Green,
Brondesbury Park, Primrose Hill and Belsize Park
specialise in all those small and large building maintenance,
renovation, installation and repair jobs around th
e house, office or rented property.